August started out as a slow reading month for me but I really kicked it into high gear towards the end—finishing with seven physical books read and two audiobooks completed. Nine books in a month—not too shabby! Especially when that month started with moving apartments and a close friend’s wedding weekend.
In August, I read…
- Saving Ruby King by Catherine Adel West
- Atomic Love by Jennie Fields
- Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward
- Pretty Bitches by Lizzie Skurnick
- The Death of Vivek Oji by Akwaeke Emezi
- This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
I listened to…
My favorites this month: Atomic Love, This Tender Land, and With the Fire on High. All three of these were added to my “current all-time favorites list,” so that’s when you know it was a good reading month!
And now, looking ahead to September!
In September, I’m hoping to read…
- The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Wandering in Strange Lands by Morgan Jerkins
- The Weekend by Charlotte Wood
- The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich
- The House of Deep Water by Jeni McFarland
- Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi (coming in my Book of the Month box!)
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman (coming in my Book of the Month box!)